Read how to decode radio for newbie

uydudoktoru

Tanınmış Üye
Yönetici
Yönetici
I write this small tutorial for newbie , every day i reply for thread with question :

What is dump , where is eprom , what is it , how to read it ...ect

Here is a small tutorial for these kind of info spécial NEWBIE .

How to decode radio by reading eeprom dump :

1- Eprom or Mcu memory :

There is lot of model radio mémory who store radio configuration and code sécurity .
Most of Radio contain an eprom : ( 24cXX , 93cXX ) or Mcu like ( Motorola 68Hc***X )

This is an eprom :
images

2- Where is the eprom radio located ?

Of course , eprom is in mainboard or some radio's have it in tuner ( Kenwood , Clarion ...etc )

3- How to read Eeprom Dump :

You need an eeprom programmer , like PONYPROG , it's cheap if u like to buy it , and easy to make if you have patience , knowledge and fun to make it

Here is all schematic

4- What's a Dump :

In radiocar domaine a dump is a back up that you made from the mémory of your radio ( eeprom

or mcu ) , The Extension of a dump is most of case : .HEX .BIN .E2P

5- Wich soft i need to read dump ?

There is lot of software , the most used are :
- Ponyprog
- Ic Prog

After that u read dump , and u will ask ur self : Now how can i get code from this dump , so at this time come and post it here , we will help you with the correct code .

If there is somethink not clear , thread is opened for all question .

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör:
How to generate radio code from dump
This tutorial is for replying to questions of newbies in car radio decoding and Dump reading :
The answers for this kind of questions : eeprom location, how to read eeproms, what is Dump, how to unlock radio from Dump…

1- Code storage in Eprom or Mcu memory :

Most of car Radios contain eproms like 24cXX and 93cXX or Mcu like Motorola 68Hc***X , these ICs are used to store radio configuration and security code.
2- What is the location of the eprom radio circuit ?
In most cases eprom is in mainboard, but some radios like Kenwood and Clarion have it in tuner.

24C08 eeprom

mc68hc11e1cfne2_t_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

Motorola MCU

3- How to read Eeprom Dump :
EEprom Programmer is the hardware you need to read and write in eeprom ICs. It is very easy to make if you have knowledge and patience.
PONYPROG is a cheap one if you like to buy it, but if you want to build it Here is all schematic needed.
Eeprom Programmer

4- What's a Dump :
In carradio decoding domain, a dump is a back up of data contained in the MCU or eeprom memory of your car radio, The Extension of dump file can be .HEX .BIN .E2P
5- Witch software is needed to read dumps ?
In addition to the hardware eeprom programmer, you need a software to read Dumps. The most used are Ponyprog and Ic Prog .

6- After i read dump how can i get code from it ?

After reading your dump, you must use the appropriate code calculator from DUMP for your car radio model, just load dump to the software and hit calculate button.
In some cases you can get code directly from the hexadecimal file by following the eeprom address where the code is located (see example).

This is how to get volkswagen alpha stereo code from dump eeprom

Eklentiler

• Read how to decode radio for newbie Sınırsız Paylaşımın Adresi.zip
    242,7 KB · Görüntüleme: 23
Geri
Yukarı