Tiny 2313 Project Development Board

guclusat

Tanınmış Üye
Süper Moderatör
This is my first time using the AVR. I like to learn using the ATTiny 2313, because it is faster than MCS-51, cheap and the circuit is very simple. The chip has only 20 pins. I was interested because I want to build a simple line follower robot controlled by this MCU.
Board Construction
The circuit has built in voltage regulator, the LM7805 and the ISP Header for program loading. The DC input circuit also has protection diode 1N4002.
DOWNLOAD EXPRESS PCB FILE: AT-Tiny2313.zip
image001.jpg

Figure 1. Hardware Schematic
Notes:
1 The XTAL can be 4MHz, 8MHz, or 11.0592MHz.
2 DC input voltage using the AC adapter can be 6V-15V.
image002.jpg

Figure 2. Component placement.
ISP Programmer
The ISP loader cable can be made easily from the circuit shown in Figure 3. The connector is DB25 male type. The cable length should be less than 1m. This loader is compatible with most of the desktop LPT port.
image003.jpg

ICP (in circuit programmer)

An In Circuit Programmer is a very valuable tool. Not only does it allow you to program you AVR's with ease, you can update your program without having to remove the AVR (very use full when working with surface mount devices). Also, an ICP allows you to use one tool to program possibly every AVR available today.
icpb.jpg

icpc.jpg

icpa.jpg

avricp.png

This circuit functions well even when a reset circuit consisting of a 10K resistor and a 100nF cap is present. The printer port is directly connected to the AVR, a buffer can be added if you want but we've used this circuit for years without any problems. A standard 1 meter long DB25 printer port extension cable can be used to link the programmer to the PC printer port.

[h=1]ZIF programmer[/h]A stand alone programmer for programming the chips before they go onto the circuit.
In practice, the ICP is a much more valuable tool, and any circuit that has ICP capacity can easily be ZIF'ed to become a stand alone programmer, but for those who want one, here is a ZIF stand alone ATMEGA8 programmer.
avprog.gif

Alternately the PSU can be discarded and a 5V supply can be drawn from a USB port.[h=1]Real life.[/h]
[h=2]An ATMega8 programmer.[/h]This programmer is built on the back of a ZIF socket.The back of the socket is then covered with a cover piece from some electrical trunking.

A programmer socket.

progsocket.jpg

Notice that C6 and C7 are not installed. The oscillator seems to work fine without it.

Printer port connector with PSU.

progplug.jpg

Forward to tutorial 3

Geri
Yukarı